INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request - JR Clients Show Audio Path For Zone  (Read 673 times)

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
Feature Request - JR Clients Show Audio Path For Zone
« on: February 18, 2022, 09:15:41 am »

On JRiver client controlling JR server zone, the DSP path is not displayed. Is it possible for this information to be displayed on the client?  Thanks
Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Feature Request - JR Clients Show Audio Path For Zone
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 09:45:43 am »

I slightly renamed this topic but same basic question remains. 

Is there any interest to add ability for clients to display the audiopath information on JR client controlling or playing back music in a zone?
I frequently use a JRiver client to play music from a JRiver server and would find this information helpful, and (at least to me) just seems like it should be displayed, as something really is playing.

Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 10:00:43 am »

The audio path is going to be displayed on the system that is actually playing the audio. If you are remote controlling a server, and the server is also doing the playback, then that information is not available to the client.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 11:34:35 am »

The audio path is going to be displayed on the system that is actually playing the audio. If you are remote controlling a server, and the server is also doing the playback, then that information is not available to the client.

I was hoping that since it is a JRiver client /server combination, new functionality could be added to retrieve / request the additional information based on context of the client zone currently selected and being played /controlled.   

Thanks
Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h
Pages: [1]   Go Up