INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver with the UPnP Server and UPnP Renderer (LINN; AURALIC; PS AUDIO...)  (Read 3017 times)

ronny_zotter

Hi comerades!

I use JRiver 28 (started with 24 some years ago). Now in my local Network a UPnP (DLNA compatible) Server (=Asset Server) is running and is providing audio files. Is it possible to connect JRiver with the Asset Server and integrate the audio file library managed by Asset Server into a JRiver library?
Many thanks for kind answers beforehand and best wishes! Ronny

Wheaten

Re: connect JRiver with the Asset Server?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 10:49:16 am »

Doesn't it show up under menu File => Library?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 01:00:32 pm »

You may be able to load it in MC.

ronny_zotter

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 07:35:24 am »

Hi Wheaten! Hi JimH!

Thank You so much for valued advice! My (new) setup is: LINN KLIMAX Katalyst Networkplayer and Asset Audio-File Server. In my network I use a IPad 7 and Windows 10 Notebook Since I don’t want to miss the so comfortable, multi-functional and handsome user interface of JRiver I like to use JRiver with either IPad or Notebook served by Asset Audio-File Server and playback with LINN KLIMAX Katalyst as renderer. The LINN remote software to control is crap; Lumin App is much better but also a toy compared to JRiver.

Dear kind people since I have to stay in hospital the next few weeks there is much time for me to communicate but it is not possible for me to configure the home network / software…   But it is verry important to know about the options.

So, in the meanwhile, I thank you so much! All the best! Ronny

ronny_zotter

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 11:38:00 pm »

I'm at home now because of COVID 19 and it's working. I have access to the Asset Server audio database and use the Linn Klimax as a renderer and JRiver 28 is my control app.  ;) :) :D

Thank you so much!

Regards! Ronny

ronny_zotter

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 11:56:57 pm »

Excuse the repetition but controlling a UPNP device with JRiver in the network is so great!  ;D

Go to TOOLS/OPTIONS/MEDIA NETWORK. Click on USE MEDIA NETWORK TO SHARE…

A NEW SCREEN WILL APPEAR. CLICK NEXT. Another new screen so click NEXT again.

A new screen with “access key” will appear. Write this code down for future. It is case sensitive. Click NEXT again.

A screen with “configure media network will appear. Select AUDIOPHILE 24 BIT and click finish.

You should now be back in the main MEDIA NETWORK screen. Select ADD OR CONFIGURE DLNA SERVERS Under AUDIO make mode-ORIGINAL and format-24BIT. Under ADVANCED on this page select STEREO DOWNMIX

Click on OK to return to the main TOOLS, OPTIONS, MEDIA NETWORK screen, and under ADVANCED make sure the following options are all selected:
DLNA Server
DLNA Renderer
DLNA Controller

Near the bottom of the page is another ADVANCED under VIDEO options. Click on it and put a check mark in DLNA and DLNA EXTRA.

(If you have a Direct Stream DAC then also select BITSTREAM DSD. Click OK.)

At this point you should be able to see your Bridge appear in the left hand column under Playing Now. Select your Bridge to play to it.
Right click Bridge in Now Playing, select the last option, DLNA Controller Options, and select both Ignore Transport Events and Disable SetNext Support.

More settings and library management.

You are now back on the options page. Select LIBRARY AND FOLDERS in the left column. Make sure that RUN AUTO-IMPORT has a check mark in the box. Now click OK

Now go to TOOLS/IMPORT and select CONFIGURE AUTO IMPORT and click on NEXT.

At the top right click on ADD and browse to your Audio files that are either on your HD or an external drive connected to your Mac by USB or Firewire. [ you can select the whole drive or only the folders that you want JRiver to see.] select MODE and select INCLUDE THIS FOLDER….
Select AUDIO under IMPORT THESE FILE TYPES [not the others.] Click OK.

The folder you selected should now be visible in the box under FOLDERS. Under TASKS, put a check mark in- build thumbnails, get cover art, update for external changes, fix broken links-YES, and write file tags when analyzing. CLICK FINISH.

If your library is not already importing then go to TOOLS/IMPORT and select AUTO IMPORT AND THEN NEXT.

THIS SHOULD LOAD YOUR LIBRARY.

Pages: [1]   Go Up