INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'select all' needs to be back to the first windows  (Read 1471 times)

zevele10

'select all' needs to be back to the first windows
« on: March 18, 2003, 07:25:00 am »

"select all "can concert more operations than the ones in the edit window.
Therefore i think that it needs to be in the first window

zevele10

Re: 'select all' needs to be back to the first win
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 03:44:01 am »

no one on my side concerning this ?

michel

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 04:08:17 am »

I am on your side, zev. But I have not understood your point...  ?

I suppose "edit windows" means "properties windows" but what do you mean about "first window" ?

Anyway I can do 'select all' everywhere in MC so I don't understand what you want.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 04:15:42 am »

I think he means that the Select All command in the right click menu needs to be top level.

And I agree, it probably should.

nila

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 04:24:55 am »

Ctrl+A?
Surely there are a lot more useful tools that can be moved to the top level that aren't quite as easy to access by other means ie: Burn Track, Rating? :)

michel

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2003, 05:29:11 am »

I agree with Nila. Moreover, 'select all' is traditionnally part of Edit Menu in most applications.

zevele10

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2003, 09:14:30 am »

Ok
I start again.
You are right i can explain better
In the left window where the songs are listed-library or playing now - right click opens a pop-up

Until last built the command " select all" was in this first pop-up.

Now it is in the 'Edit" pop-up
In my not so humble opinion  this does not make sense.
You may want this "select all " fonction for other things than Edit.

To make short:
I never saw a super-market where you have to go at the very end of the shop opposite the entrance to get a trolley

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2003, 11:31:34 am »

Burn Tracks is available as a toolbar button. It's called "Burn CD". No right clicking necessary. So, by your logic, there's no need to have it at the top level because it's so easily available through other means.

Select All is a command that would preclude all other commands. It's use in the topmost level is more important than Burn CD.

You'd want to Select All and then Burn CD for instance.

Or if you wanted to use the inline field editor, you'd want to Select All before you Edit Selected Field.

Although MC currently assumes all files are selected if no files are selected, which to me, seems kind of insane. I'd like to actually select what I want to select rather than just let MC assume I want everything selected. Maybe I just messed up clicking on something and didn't notice it wasn't really selected. Now all of a sudden I've set everything to the same Artist or something. Not good.

nila

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2003, 11:59:25 am »

Doof - Your right about the button at the top being sufficient for me.

If this button let me select individual tracks and add them one by one from screen to screen by simply clicking on it I'd be happy. :)
Unfortunately it only does this for the first selection when it is pressed the first time, after that it just jumps to the burn screen so can no longer be used.

Today for instance the weather was glorious so I wanted to make myself a really summery data mp3 cd for my car. I went through my whole collection and quick listened to each song that I wanted (like jumped quickly through it to remind me which it was). For the ones that weren't rated I rated them and then sent them to the burner.
Each time the sticky 'send to' kept changing from rating to burning meaning I was having to go two sub menu's deep for each of these 200 songs.

The quick rating feature just added (Ctrl+Alt+1/2/3/4/5) saved me soooo much time and I LOVED it - (thanks to whoever's idea that was), unfortunately though it was replacing the sticky 'send to' item meaning I then had to go into send to, then into devices to see my poor lonely burner sitting there alone and select it :)
If I could have done something like: Ctrl+Alt+B to send them to the burner too it would have hugely sped up this whole operation :)

I just use Ctrl+A to select all so for me it's a TOP TOP level item - dont even need to reach over to the mouse to get access to it :)

But yeah, menu's are one thing that vary quite a bit depending on the user and what they do the most. That's why I love TopStyle Pro - lets you fully customise it to your needs :)
Their GUI is just soo nicely done in v3. Hats off to them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up