INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver contributions to open source  (Read 685 times)

R-ed

• Recent member
JRiver contributions to open source
« on: March 04, 2022, 09:40:33 pm »

Recently there is huge work to improve video playback experience based on open source, earlier there was also ass subtitle rendering support, FFmpeg for playback and thumbnail and maybe many more I haven't notice yet. So I wondering whats JRiver contributions back to open source community? Hopefully you can share some information. Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver contributions to open source
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 10:15:18 pm »

I don't think there is a requirement, but Hendrick is the author of LAV and Matt is the author of APE.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 12:42:11 am »

I've personally contributed to FFmpeg for over a decade now, which started before I worked for JRiver, and continued throughout.
Any improvements made either for my own open-source project (LAV Filters, which MC certainly uses, but clearly anyone else also can), or as part of work on Media Center, have been contributed.

The same goes for some other projects, where through using them in Media Center some improvements have been made, that have been contributed back.
I don't make a big deal out of it, and just send them as myself from my personal account, though.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 06:10:16 am »

Hendrik is being modest, I see he also commits changes to libbluray and libplacebo, as well as FFmpeg.  All of which improves video playback not only in MC but a wide range of opensource projects.
JRiver CEO Elect

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 07:32:09 am »

I've happily given all my work on Monkey's Audio away for free for a long time.  Even some big nuggets recently like multi-channel and 32-bit.  It has been a really happy thing for me.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up