INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: -  Combine Fields  (Read 884 times)

nila

Feature Request: -  Combine Fields
« on: March 17, 2003, 01:43:04 pm »

Hi :)

A while back before MJ9 got so close to production a lot of people were asking for the ability to customise the view for the tree's so that it wasn't sorted purely on individual fields so it could be set to be something like this:

<Artist>/<year> - <album>

and other such things so they could sort by the year within the tree itself.

Obviously a big task this late in the game.

BUT - If the Move/Copy fields tool was extended to include an option to combine fields then you could create fields that had the <year> - <album> stored in them and then use these for the tree.

They would add a LOT of power to what could be done to the tree and I'd personally LOVE to have a tree with this structure:

<artist>/<year> - <album> - <bitrate>

I know there were a lot of requests for the dynamic tree fields feature back when it was suggested but this would be a good quick fix solution that didn't require too much code to be changed.

Also just a quick reminder of features that still are missing:
  • The graphical rating (you said you were planning to add this - is this still the case?)
  • An easy and practical way to use 'imported date' as it currently has different values for every single track that it imports as it saves the exact second that each track is imported. This isn't too helpful to group tracks to ones that were added on a particular day.
  • All dates/times etc need refinement in the search wizard. (could I suggest a little calendard as a GUI way of doing this as is implemented in AV2).

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: -  Combine Fields
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 05:09:54 am »

Yes Plesase to combine fields!!!

I am guessing I will not get my ultimate MC feature in 9.0 now which is to be a ble to sort the tree chronoligically but this would allow an alternative for now and then maybe being able to sort chronologically can be in 9.1 or 10.0??? ;D

Thanks guys for all your work up to now.  MC is the only program I can say is on my system that I use everyday except for my browsers.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

nila

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 05:28:35 am »

No one else wants this??
For all you guys that use Album Artist - this would be a GREAT way to quickly fill the fields for you within MJ so that you could then manually edit any (ie compilations) that it didn't work for.

michel

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 05:41:19 am »

It is not a bad idea and for sure the need exists but I don't know if it is less work to do than the initial wish. Only Matt could say it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up