INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone Sync  (Read 1117 times)

jmrdc

• World Citizen
iPhone Sync
« on: March 12, 2022, 12:03:25 am »

I don't want to get blown up for this dumb question, but is there a way to sync my iPhone to my playlists on MC? Be gentle, because I'm sure this has been covered in past posts.

Thx

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: iPhone Sync
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 12:25:00 pm »

Not directly.

I do it by keeping all of my files in a format the iDevice can play, mp3 mp4 or ALAC then having the location where the files are stored available to both Music and MC and use the finder to sync the desired files to the iDevice.

I don't generally use playlists to organize my music but I just tested it and it worked.
I exported a playlist from MC in m3u8 format and imported it into apple Music and it was fine.

jmrdc

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 01:35:11 pm »

Fantastic!  Thanks Bob!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 01:41:26 pm »

Fantastic!  Thanks Bob!
Oh yeah, turn off the option in Music to add files to the Music library location when they are added or else you'll have duplicates. (Preferences->Files)

YogiPL

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 12:39:56 pm »

A little tip/idea that might be useful to some: I use a known value like "do_not_sync" in the comments tag field to filter what files I want to sync to my iphone - Music can create a Smart Playlist based on that and sync just what I want to instead of the whole library.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 12:49:46 pm »

A little tip/idea that might be useful to some: I use a known value like "do_not_sync" in the comments tag field to filter what files I want to sync to my iphone - Music can create a Smart Playlist based on that and sync just what I want to instead of the whole library.
Excellent idea, thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up