INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using new track specific DSP configuration  (Read 700 times)

droberts1234

• Recent member
Using new track specific DSP configuration
« on: March 14, 2022, 11:31:54 am »

I have been waiting for this feature for many years. However, I am having trouble using it. I entered the appropriate DSP for several tracks and it loads the appropriate DSP configuration successfully before starting the first track in the playlist. However, when it gets to about 5 seconds before the end of the current track, it unloads the current DSP configuration and loads the DSP configuration for the next track, if there is one. Then it finishes the current track with either the new DSP configuration or no DSP configuration depending on whether the next track has a DSP configuration specified or not. There is also a momentary break in the music at the point where it loads the new DSP configuration, even if the new DSP configuration is the same as the current one. What do I need to do to get it to play the entire current track before loading the DSP configuration for the next track? Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Using new track specific DSP configuration
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 11:33:39 am »

This might just be the way it works for a while.

We pre-buffer information so when we reach the end of the file there's actually some data in the queue.  I'm not sure there will be an easy way to make it work better.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

droberts1234

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 12:01:46 pm »

Thanks Matt for this info. Perhaps in future versions there could be some logic to see if the next track is using the same DSP configuration as the current one. If so, it could skip the unload/reload process thereby eliminating the pop and break in the music before the end of each track when playing an album where all the tracks have the same DSP configuration.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 12:15:15 pm »

Good idea!

Next build:
Changed: When the same DSP preset is used by two files in a row, it is only loaded once (instead of for each file).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

droberts1234

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 08:49:57 am »

Perfect! Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up