INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can synchronize audio playback on two separate Media Centers?  (Read 430 times)

RAFellows

• Recent member

I have Media Center installed on two separate PC's in different parts of my house. Both are connected to one WiFi network. Both play audio from two mirrored NAS drives on the network, One to NAS1 the other to NAS2. Normally, the two Media Centers are playing different music but I would like to be able to play the same song on both simultaneously without any delay between the two. Is this possible and how do I set it up?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can synchronize audio playback on two separate Media Centers?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 10:18:30 am »

If you use MC's server-client system then it is possble using zones. My experience with zone sync though is that it doesn't work too well and for me it isn't usable. Maybe you have better experience

GMahal

• Recent member
Re: Can synchronize audio playback on two separate Media Centers?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 10:23:54 am »

If you use MC's server-client system then it is possble using zones. My experience with zone sync though is that it doesn't work too well and for me it isn't usable. Maybe you have better experience

My experience is that zone sync doesn't work too good either. I really wish it did though! I keep trying to get it to work, playing with different settings, etc. With MC28, the zones would drift out of sync. Yesterday I upgraded to MC29 and playback would randomly stop. I made a thread and requested support but haven't gotten any responses yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up