INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Issues  (Read 1445 times)

adolfotregosa

• Recent member
Video Issues
« on: March 19, 2022, 08:11:43 am »

No double click for full screen video and no drag and drop support. (unless i'm blind and I cannot find the setting that fixes this)

Also, especially on slower machines, the entire gui is slowish. On a fast machine it kinda passes unnoticed but on my 9500T using the iGPU it is very sluggish.

When a video is playing, if you resize JRiver the gui becomes white. Screenshot attached.

My fast machine has an 10900k the other an 9500T. Both cpus use the same iGPU, GT2 630.

If anything is playing and you close JRiver it takes a few seconds to respond/close, why ? ( I Also think this happens on windows.. )

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 08:20:05 am »

What distro are you using?

Atmos requires bitstreaming.

What happens with non-Atmos video?

adolfotregosa

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 08:39:44 am »

Forget atmos, it was by coincidence the first video I had on hand. I wish I had bitstreaming under linux... any plans for that ?

Any video, no double click full screen, resizing gui while playing gui becomes white.

EDIT: When will you implement display automatic change mode ? If  mpv + lua script that uses xrandr is capable of doing it, you are also capable of implementing something alike, right ?

EDIT2: All reported issues are the same in kubuntu.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 04:09:39 pm »

Any video, no double click full screen, resizing gui while playing gui becomes white.
Correct on both. Double click doesn't do full screen. Never has.
The white UI because UI redraw is disabled during resize. Release the mouse it snaps the UI data back into place. This is designed behavior of MC on linux for performance reasons.
EDIT: When will you implement display automatic change mode ? If  mpv + lua script that uses xrandr is capable of doing it, you are also capable of implementing something alike, right ?
Look in MC's video options for determining which mode video playback starts in.

adolfotregosa

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 04:29:42 pm »

Correct on both. Double click doesn't do full screen. Never has.
The white UI because UI redraw is disabled during resize. Release the mouse it snaps the UI data back into place. This is designed behavior of MC on linux for performance reasons.

After using JRiver under windows for so many years where double click does full screen, (and i am trying to find one linux player that does not do it... can't seam to find one) it is strange trying to cope with these linux "limitations".

The white screen is also strange and ugly. I can't even drag JRiver window a bit of screen, it stops at the edges, I have never seen this behavior.

video showing what I mean https://youtu.be/Sq5cRFNI2AQ

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 04:33:17 pm »

After using JRiver under windows for so many years where double click does full screen, (and i am trying to find one linux player that does not do it... can't seam to find one) it is strange trying to cope with these linux "limitations".

The white screen is also strange and ugly. I can't even drag JRiver window a bit of screen, it stops at the edges, I have never seen this behavior.

video showing what I mean https://youtu.be/Sq5cRFNI2AQ
I'll see if the double-click behavior can be added.
The disabling of the screen while resizing will not be changed. It's a side effect of the way the UI is implemented on linux.
Stopping at the edge of the screen is being done by your window manager. Some window managers do that by default, others don't. It usually can be tweaked in your window manager settings.

adolfotregosa

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 05:02:57 pm »

I'll see if the double-click behavior can be added.
The disabling of the screen while resizing will not be changed. It's a side effect of the way the UI is implemented on linux.
Stopping at the edge of the screen is being done by your window manager. Some window managers do that by default, others don't. It usually can be tweaked in your window manager settings.

Understood. They are actually non deal breaker issues, just strange to see. Honestly gives a lack of polish feeling when you first see them. Please, no disrespect meant!

Double click full screen video is needed, just like on windows.

Also on some of the menus, bottom text is a bit cut off, e.g on the help menu, "about media center" is a bit cut off.

Example attached

adolfotregosa

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2022, 05:39:05 pm »

It would also be nice if JRiver didn't take a few seconds to respond/close when you close it if something is playing.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2022, 08:19:51 am »

It would also be nice if JRiver didn't take a few seconds to respond/close when you close it if something is playing.
It doesn't really matter if something is playing or not, there will always be a hesitation on shutdown as long as media network is enabled.
This is because MC unlike a lot of other apps does an orderly notification to UPnP and DLNA devices on the network that it's going offline.

adolfotregosa

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2022, 09:28:33 am »

It doesn't really matter if something is playing or not, there will always be a hesitation on shutdown as long as media network is enabled.
This is because MC unlike a lot of other apps does an orderly notification to UPnP and DLNA devices on the network that it's going offline.

Please watch the following video. https://youtu.be/inFpuaDuEY4

What am I missing ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up