Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panel  (Read 1423 times)

dejanm

• Junior Woodchuck
Panel
« on: March 13, 2022, 08:47:03 am »

Hi,

First of all I find the existence of Panel as a very good idea. The look and feel though should be updated and be more user friendly.

My question though is something else ... I want to play original file formats through DLNA. When I am using my streamer it works just fine. But when I use Panel on my Windows 10 machine (the server is running on MACOS 12.1) I always get audio in 24-48 format. I disabled the conversion in Panel as well but it didn't change anything. Is that working as designed or am I missing something ?

By the way, the sound through Panel is really, really good. It is better than from the disc attached to my Windows10 machine ... That is why I think more attention should be dedicated to further development of Panel.

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Panel
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 10:47:57 am »

Using the no conversion option in Panel only applies when you're playing to the local browser, and even then it has limitations. It depends on what the browser can handle.

When you use Panel, are you playing to the local browser, or are you using it as a remote and playing to a DLNA device or another zone?

dejanm

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 02:28:29 am »

I am playing it localy (to attached DAC/headphone amp over USB) but streaming from MC installed on another (Mac) machine.

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 11:16:18 pm »

Just so I'm clear, when you click on the gear icon to go to settings, in the Main tab, under 'Play to' is it set to 'Here' or another zone?

dejanm

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 01:56:58 am »

It is set to "here".

Just to make it clear why I am starting this thread. The sound was really exceptionally good. I am using MC for several years now and I never really used JPanel because of that ugly user interface. But then I was really surprised how good it is sounding. That is why I think some effort should be invested in upgrading this app.

On my Windows machine I have also installed MC and I am listening locally from disks attached to my computer via USB. I am using Pioneer U-05, which is DAC and headphone amp in one unit. Headphones are Grado SR325 and Sennheiser HD800S. JPanel is though better sounding.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 07:56:15 am »

It's Panel, not JPanel.

BradATIMA

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 01:45:04 pm »

We appreciate the feedback, and Panel will continue to receive updates over time. I just wanted to clarify that it's still possible to get conversion when 'Play to' is set to 'Here' if the browser can't handle the original format. Setting 'Play to' to anything except 'Here' will use Media Center's audio engine instead of the browser.
Pages: [1]   Go Up