INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trakt.tv support or tools to sync watched state between kodi + trakt.tv?  (Read 653 times)

Andy22

Hi, i'm interested in the new MC29 and its HDR glory. Yet my biggest issue is how do i get my watched states from Kodi + trakt.tv plugin over to MC29?

Are there any plugins or external scripts/tools to accomplish this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Nothing I'm aware of.  If you can make playlists (watched, unwatched), then you could separate them in MC.

How are they tagged?  MC can use sidecar xml files. 

Andy22

I think they are tagged in Kodis database, so would need to search for a Kodi specific db export tool or some sql script guide. Yet was hoping someone already did this in all this time, but guess most JMC users start from scratch?

I really like the Kodi trakt.tv integration, since i can just do a fresh install of Kodi, point it to my library and do a simply trakt.tv sync and i'm back at exactly where i left off, without any db or settings backup. I once had a broken kodi db, so this was pretty neat to have.

PS: On a sidenote testing dolby vision HDR content, i noticed that the luminance/nits is about 20-30% down compared to the same file played via the TV itself, while setting everything to exactly the same display settings. It seem JMC does interpret the DV metadata differently or does not apply the dynamic scene by scene data? So does JMC use the dynamic DV metadata at all and what about HDR10+? In my HDR10+ test with shifting data per scene, it seem not to apply any of those?

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

MC uses a "Last Played" field to store a Date/Time for this and it can be updated with tools 3rd Party Tools like "SOT --> Data Fiddler" where you would first export export out of MC the meta data of the files you want to update, then in Excel (etc) add in the "Last Played" info (that you would have to export out of Kodi/trakt.tx) and then import that meta data back into MC.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up