INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HEOS does not see JRiver Media Server  (Read 1488 times)

cjb898

HEOS does not see JRiver Media Server
« on: April 09, 2022, 09:21:49 am »

I have MC26 and am running the media server. My Marantz 6006NA network player sees the server just fine and can play music from it.

My HEOS app, however, does not see the server in the "Music Servers" category. I've gone through all the settings on both JRiver Media Network and the HEOS app but cannot see where the problem might be.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

joetiii

• World Citizen
Re: HEOS does not see JRiver Media Server
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 11:03:55 am »

When I have had issues seeing my network using my HEOS app, first I check to make sure that all the devices connected are on the same network. If the server is on 2.4, then all must be on 2.4 channel. If that all jives, then I systematically reboot each device including the wifi router. This has fixed my problem. One thing I do notice is that sometimes my phone will log onto 5.0 channel and the HEOS app can still see the server on 2.4  weird but it seems to work normally. Hope this helps.

cjb898

Re: HEOS does not see JRiver Media Server
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 06:49:12 pm »

Thank you. Unfortunately, my router, which is supplied by my internet provider, does not allow me to choose 2.4 or 5.0. It's automatic based on whatever it thinks is best. I will try to see if there is some way around this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up