INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add a Now button to Last Played propertie  (Read 1113 times)

Bill

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Add a Now button to Last Played propertie
« on: March 18, 2003, 06:03:59 am »

It would be nice if in addition to the "Clear" button there was a "Now" button that would set last played to the current time

nila

Re: Add a Now button to Last Played propertie
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 09:02:18 am »

why not just actually play the song?

Bill

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2003, 10:37:25 am »

If I only had to play the song for a second, that might be reasonable, but I have tried stopping after playinga song for 1 minute and it did not change the last played setting. My goal is to simulate having played the song without actually having to listen to the whole song.

Here is when I need it: I decide I want to modify one of the extended MP3 properties so I can create a smartlist using these properties to generate playlists matching some criteria. Since I have thousands of MP3's, I cannot do this in a single day nor do I wish to listen to every one of them to see if they meet the criteria. Often within a few seconds, I can tell. So I create a smartlist that displays MP3's meeting certain criteria that have not been played in the last n days. This give me a workable list to review. However, I must listen to almost the complete song to get it to stamp as having been played even when I know the song met or failed the critiera I was listening for. So my property for the song is updated and I am ready to move on but must wait until the song is finished.

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2003, 11:15:20 am »

You can set the last played date by forward the song to past 50% and then stop/play next.

so move the position slider past the middle and you'll be there :)

/Martin

Pages: [1]   Go Up