INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make Explorer view look like Playlist view?  (Read 555 times)

Mount81

• Recent member
How to make Explorer view look like Playlist view?
« on: March 27, 2022, 04:45:11 am »

Hello!

So I want to ask if it's even possible in some way to make the Explorer (Browser) view look like the Playlist view does.

This is what I mean:

See that the Cover art and the lyrics are in the right upper side, in big enough size and totally readable.

And this is what the Explorer view look like:

The Cover art and the lyrics in the left-down corner are too small, so useless, and the space in the upper-right side is underutilized and useless regrading it's information.

As I like to keep this simple and as I don't use the JRiver's Library, only the browsing option with the Explorer view to browse in my music and play it from there (for me it's the most handy and comfortable way), I would like to utilize more of it's look and make it look like what you can see in the Playlist view mode.

Is this possible somehow to execute?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to make Explorer view look like Playlist view?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 07:22:45 am »

You can change the font size in MC settings or choose size in the View Menu at the top.

Mount81

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 09:58:56 am »

You can change the font size in MC settings or choose size in the View Menu at the top.

Thanks, but lifting up the font sizes isn't what I really asked for and won't make it look more like the parts of the desired Playlist view. I can stretch the horizontal (but just the horizontal) size of the "Action Window", that has the cover art and the lyrics displayed, but just for a bit of an amount (and for the sake of the size of the track list view window beside it) and that is still insufficient to have both the cover and the lyrics displayed in appropriate size. But I would prefer much more like the way it is in the Playlist view originally:
Big cover art with readable sized lyrics in the upper-right, the file (track) list view underneath it, and the Explorer's browser window open on the left side.
That would be so much more ideal and handy by my expectations.

And even if it's impossible with the JRiver's current version's options, isn't there any -somewhat- easy way to implement this as an option in some of the next version releases? (Take it as a feature request like question and suggestion...)

Thanks!

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 07:05:17 am »

Dear Mount81, as I know are these two different views in MC, and I'm not sure if the Browser view can display as you like it.
But you can build your own Playlist view, which one has the view of the Explorer and the Cover art and the lyrics in the left-down corner.
tc
Stefan
Wake up and slow down 😴
Pages: [1]   Go Up