INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Pane row selection through special row selector category  (Read 285 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe

Hi, it's been a couple of development cycles, I've been hoping for an addition for a feature that's been nagging me, not much but a little.

I use dropdown panes over panes at the top, primarily because I like the extra vertical real estate. Also the amount of categories I have, it makes top panes unusable in a sense. With drop down panes. I just wish the tab could extend further to show the names of at least most categories.

I made a similar post here https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,129436.msg897994.html#msg897994

I've been thinking of another way to achieve this and perhaps I could start using top panes.

Would it be possible have an extra option to assign categories to row numbers & have a special category row selector pane? It could stick to the left side, allowing us us to separate a view scheme of visible panes into many subset collections of panes, choosable through that first special category?

If we made a selection on any of the first subset category panes, then selected another "row" or subset through the special category pane, when the view and visible panes change, with the special category, the selection now being on the second tier or whichever we have chose, the ui indicator for a selection in a pane, showing us, that we're now on the second row.

Also perhaps having a unique ui element for that special category pane, whilst on other row away from a row in which any category has a selection made, thus filtering the view, that this unique element could be an indicator, that the view scheme, is filtered on one of the rows and on a category that isn't visible at the time. This ui element showing us exactly which row, the filtered pane is on, allowing us to swiftly go back and reset when needed.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up