INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Show in playlists  (Read 945 times)

roller

• Junior Woodchuck
Feature Request: Show in playlists
« on: March 28, 2022, 03:30:50 am »

I would like to have a simple way of displaying all playlists in which a certain title appears.
I have hundreds of playlists and I need to be able to find specific tracks in the saved playlists to see in which context they were played.
ITunes can do this very well, as can Swinsian: right-click on a title, only the playlists in which the title occurs are displayed and I can open them immediately.
It would be nice if JRiver could do that too.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: Show in playlists
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 09:04:54 am »

If you open the Tag Action Window (alt-enter), and scroll to the bottom, you'll see a group called playlists.  Open that and there will be a check mark next to every playlist that your selection is in. 

Brian.                           

roller

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 10:31:24 am »

Of course I know this possibility. But this way is very invonvenient and long, the playlist window is much too small.  That doesn't work for me.
I would like to have a quick and convenient way: right-click on the respective title and a menu opens with links to all playlists in which the title appears, so that I can quickly open all these playlists.

roller

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 05:26:03 am »

I would like to ask again: will there perhaps be this possibility?

I am a DJ and I would like to use jriver, but I need the possibility to quickly find certain titles in already existing playlists.
Easy and fast is what I need when I play live.
Having these playlists displayed in the Action Window is not enough for this.

edbro

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 07:00:34 am »

You can add the "PLAYLISTS" column to Playing Now and/or the Audio Panes.

roller

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 09:48:38 am »

Thanks for the hint, but I know this possibility and it doesn't help me either. For example, a title is contained in 20 or more playlists. The names of these lists are then in a row. Almost unreadable and useless if I can't open them quickly from there with a click.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 12:13:21 pm »

MC isn't very good DJ software.  It's amazing for organization.  It's a great player.  But it doesn't have any real DJ features.  There's no concept of decks.  There's no ability to cue tracks and preview.  No way to mix using a controller.  No support for keys (musical keys stored as tags inside the files).

MC might be a good front end for organizing media and then using DJ software to DJ with.  But it's not good DJ software on its own.

That said I just spent 5 minutes figuring out how to get the playlists matrix to appear all by itself in the action window.  But you seem dead set on right click and right click only.  I'll attach a picture of my setup and if you are interested I'll tell you how to do it.  But I suspect that you will settle for nothing less than what you are describing.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 04:46:29 pm »

There's no ability to cue tracks and preview.
You can use zones to have a way to preview and use ctrl-t to toggle between them.

roller

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2022, 02:06:32 pm »

I have set up three zones:
The first for browsing the database without any audio output. In the middle, a zone for previewing through headphones connected to the build in audio system. On the right, a zone for playback connected to an external sound card.

All I would like to have in addition is this feature that e.g. itunes and swinsian have and that doesn't really have anything to do with djing, but rather with the organisation and handling of playlists.

Thanks for your hints and tips. River is a great software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up