INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HQPlayer Embedded issues after update  (Read 1344 times)

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
HQPlayer Embedded issues after update
« on: April 03, 2022, 03:17:06 am »

I stream from MC 29 to HQPlayer Embedded.  Mc29 updated to 29.0.22 yesterday.  Since then, when I select the “HQPlayerEmbedded:SignalystHQplayer4” playback zone from the pick list, that zone just disappears as soon as I click.  It reappears, usually but not always, as soon as I click on “player” again.  I try clicking again, after it reappears as a zone, and, then again, it disappears.  (When I say it "disappears," I mean that it won't play music and that the HQPlayer Embedded option no longer displays on the zone list.)

I have tried restarting everything in my entire signal chain. The behavior has remained repeatable and predictable.

Same problem when I try to control playback via JRemote on iPad or JRemote2 and eos on Android. I select HQPlayer Embedded as the zone and, as soon as I select tracks to play, HQPlayer Embedded disappears from the zone selection pick list.

Oddly enough, I can play from MC29 DLNA/UPnP servers to HQPlayer Embedded by using controller apps such as mConnect and HiFi Cast, just not directly from the MC29 application or the mobile apps that rely on it.

Did something change in the JRiver media server code as part of the latest update?

(Signal path is from Synology NAS to router to EtherRegen to Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical to Okto Stereo DAC 8.  HQPlayer Embedded is on a NUC 10i7 and MC29 is on my Dell XPS8930 desktop system.)

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
Re: HQPlayer Embedded issues after update
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 05:01:29 pm »

I have confirmed today that Audirvana, Volumio, and Logitech Media Server (with DLNA plug-in) have no issue streaming to HQPlayer Embedded.  Audirvana streams from its Windows application and mobile apps and both Volumio and LMS stream okay using  DLNA/UPnP controller apps like mConnect and HiFi Cast.  I therefore believe even more strongly that it is the JRiver Windows application (including the dependent mobile apps) that is the issue.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 08:38:14 pm »

I stream from MC 29 to HQPlayer Embedded. 
What do you mean by "stream to"?

Firewall?

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 09:33:30 pm »

By "stream," I mean that, when I play a song file located on my NAS in a PC player app like MC or Audirvana, I select HQPe, which is DLNA compatible, as the output zone.  All output is over the LAN (and not over USB) from the player application computer to the end point that feeds the DAC.

There are no firewall issues of which I am aware.

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 10:47:45 am »

If anyone is interested, I seem to have solved this. I did a complete uninstall, a reinstallation, and a restoration of the library.  Seems to be working now.

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2022, 01:25:36 am »

It worked for a few plays.  Now, the behavior is identical to what it was.  If I am the only one having these issues, must be a network issue that is unique to me.

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 02:40:38 am »

Working again.  Perhaps it was an HQPlayer Embedded compatibility issue exposed by the JRiver update that triggered this problem.  Yesterday, HQPlayer updated and now these two applications again seem aligned, at least for the moment. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up