INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prevent BD/DVD drive scanning on disc insert  (Read 769 times)

slerch666

• World Citizen
Prevent BD/DVD drive scanning on disc insert
« on: April 01, 2022, 09:07:28 am »

Is there some setting somewhere in MC where I can tell it not to scan DVD/BD drives when I insert discs?

The issue I have is that I am currently ripping all my BDs/DVDs/UHDs with MakeMKV (I already have a workflow I work through before MC added MKV ripping support).
If MC is running, it tries to scan the drive on disc insert. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but if MakeMKV is open it also tries to scan the drive.

Sometimes it just works and they both exist, ignoring each other.
But other times, MC and MakeMKV fight to the point that I have to eject the disc to get MC to respond and kill MakeMKV.

If I could figure out a way to just have MC scan when I click on a drive within the MC interface, that would be great.

Otherwise I will go back to closing MakeMKV, dropping the disc in, letting MC scan, then open MakeMKV again. It's tedious but it works.

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Prevent BD/DVD drive scanning on disc insert
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 10:19:51 am »

Try:

Tools>Options>CD, DVD, & BD>Autoplay

I set each to "Do nothing"

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 10:45:20 am »

You know you can rip with MC and makeMKV, don't you?

slerch666

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 10:31:47 am »

I do know.

I just have gotten used to a process and while I am trying to get as much content onto my NAS as possible, I don't want to rock the boat.

But it's not about not trusting MC or the process, it's all about current comfort in a process I've been using for a while.

I will take a look though and if it doesn't take me too long to get up to speed on it, I will probably just move over.

slerch666

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 10:32:22 am »

Try:

Tools>Options>CD, DVD, & BD>Autoplay

I set each to "Do nothing"
Works like a champ!

Thanks!

Going to take a look at using MC as well since Jim recommended that as well.

slerch666

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 10:41:24 am »

Hey Jim!

Taking a look at this now, it seems like it could work but one thing I am also doing at time of rip is trying to ensure I grab any extras off of discs. It looks like the MakeMKV version in MC defaults to scanning on titles of a certain length, which means the 27 second previews on the disc I am currently ripping aren't shown as an option for ripping.

Are there settings hidden somewhere that I would be able to adjust that? If not, probably going to go back to MakeMKV for now.

Thanks again!

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2022, 12:20:17 pm »

Hey Jim!

Taking a look at this now, it seems like it could work but one thing I am also doing at time of rip is trying to ensure I grab any extras off of discs. It looks like the MakeMKV version in MC defaults to scanning on titles of a certain length, which means the 27 second previews on the disc I am currently ripping aren't shown as an option for ripping.

Are there settings hidden somewhere that I would be able to adjust that? If not, probably going to go back to MakeMKV for now.

Thanks again!

It should be using the settings configured in MakeMKV. Have you adjusted the minimum duration settings in MakeMKV? I believe the default is 120 seconds.

slerch666

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2022, 08:34:52 am »

Will check it out. Pretty sure it was set the way I wanted it but if it is reading it from MakeMKV, that makes it simple.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up