INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: delay from converter? [Solved]  (Read 729 times)

cooltype

• Junior Woodchuck
delay from converter? [Solved]
« on: April 05, 2022, 12:31:11 am »

Hi,
I am running JRiver Media for Mac 29.26 and a new issue has developed. It skips quite a bit. In the audio path window there is a new line of information. Above the "Output" line it says "0.49 ms delay from converter, 5414.10 ms from input until heard". The numbers change as the song plays. I have never seen this before and never had problems with skipping. Any ideas how I can correct this? Worked fine yesterday. I restarted my Mac, ran Disk Utility no change. Unplugged and re-plugged my DAC. No change.

This goes for all files and in the two earlier builds of JRiver 29 I have installed. They all worked fine yesterday.

Thanking you for your help in advance.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: delay from converter?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 02:30:28 pm »

Hi,
I am running JRiver Media for Mac 29.26 and a new issue has developed. It skips quite a bit. In the audio path window there is a new line of information. Above the "Output" line it says "0.49 ms delay from converter, 5414.10 ms from input until heard". The numbers change as the song plays. I have never seen this before and never had problems with skipping. Any ideas how I can correct this? Worked fine yesterday. I restarted my Mac, ran Disk Utility no change. Unplugged and re-plugged my DAC. No change.

This goes for all files and in the two earlier builds of JRiver 29 I have installed. They all worked fine yesterday.

Thanking you for your help in advance.
That's just added information from recent changes, not a sign of any audio handling changes.
Since MC buffers about 6 seconds by default that seems pretty much what you'd expect to see.
My M1 actually has some higher numbers. It plays without breaks or hesitation.
Are you playing from local disk?
What format?
Did you try a different USB port?

cooltype

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: delay from converter?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 03:23:07 pm »

I restored the library from the last working version. No skips now. I am presuming the library that skipped got corrupted. I very rarely look at the audio path window so I was unaware of the change. Thanks for the info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up