INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 No matter what I do when using my mac as a zone (Solved)  (Read 502 times)

LilyAarseth

• World Citizen
MP3 No matter what I do when using my mac as a zone (Solved)
« on: April 05, 2022, 01:23:28 am »

I've spent the last two hours trying to get lossless audio to play when using JRemote from my phone to my mac but it stays MP3 no matter what I do. I've set don't convert on library server, on my mac AND JRemote, I've specified in the DLNA server of my mac to use original audio and nothing seems to work. What setting can forcibly stream lossless this way that I am missing or is this perhaps a macos limitation or just a mc bug?

Turn out, on windows the default configuration for dlna on media server accepts flac without arguing while a mac will ask for mp3 with the same settings, so i had to set the dlna on my windows install of jriver to original in addition to on the mac media server to get jremote to send flac as it should. I can'tr fully make sense of it but it works now. tl;dr even if on my mac the dlna was set to original audio only it became mp3 when using the mac mc as a zone from my jremote, but once i set it to original from the windows server with the local files it worked, all the time "transcode audio" was turned off in jremote.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MP3 No matter what I do when using my mac as a zone (Solved)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 08:20:21 am »

I've spent the last two hours trying to get lossless audio to play when using JRemote from my phone to my mac but it stays MP3 no matter what I do. I've set don't convert on library server, on my mac AND JRemote, I've specified in the DLNA server of my mac to use original audio and nothing seems to work. What setting can forcibly stream lossless this way that I am missing or is this perhaps a macos limitation or just a mc bug?

Turn out, on windows the default configuration for dlna on media server accepts flac without arguing while a mac will ask for mp3 with the same settings, so i had to set the dlna on my windows install of jriver to original in addition to on the mac media server to get jremote to send flac as it should. I can'tr fully make sense of it but it works now. tl;dr even if on my mac the dlna was set to original audio only it became mp3 when using the mac mc as a zone from my jremote, but once i set it to original from the windows server with the local files it worked, all the time "transcode audio" was turned off in jremote.
Transcode audio in JRemote is for material sent to JRemote to be played on JRemote only.

All other transcoding is controlled by the MC server you are connecting JRemote to.

When your server plays to a remote DLNA zone (including your Mac MC), it uses the DLNA server settings on the MC server.

Each DLNA zone on that MC server can have it's own associated DLNA server settings so that each zone which might have different playback capabilities can be handled.

If you have more than one DLNA server configured on your MC server, you can specify which DLNA server the zone uses by right-clicking on that zone and choose "Associate with DLNA server"

Hope this helps!

LilyAarseth

• World Citizen
Re: MP3 No matter what I do when using my mac as a zone (Solved)
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 01:52:37 am »

Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up