INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 11 sleep settings  (Read 1441 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Windows 11 sleep settings
« on: April 05, 2022, 11:04:34 pm »

Since the HTPC upgraded to Windows 11, I'm having real issues with it going to sleep, as in, it doesn't.

Setup: HTPC is connected to LG TV via HDMI (iirc, an HDMI 2.1 cable is used)

With Windows 10, the PC would get upset when waking up, being unable to find the TV, which would display a "No signal detected" message, requiring that I unplug the HDMI cable from the TV, and immediately plug it back in, and, tadaaa, picture!

I got around this by going into the power settings and setting the timer to switch off the display to "Never". Timer for sleep set for two hours.

Now, Windows 11:

As far as I can tell, if those two "turn off the display after..." and "sleep after..." settings are not set the same, the HTPC will not go to sleep after the specified idle time.

As soon as I set the display to turn off after two hours also, the thing sleeps just fine as expected, but now, I'm looped back to my original problem that, when it wakes up, it thinks there's no display available, and I have to unplug/plug the HDMI cable.

Sometimes, I'm feeling super-lazy, and have learned to blindly press "escape > down one > OK > down four > OK" to reboot the HTPC.

These two options are completely out of the question for other users of the HTPC. I am having no joy searching. How can I sort this?

-marko

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Windows 11 sleep settings
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 10:12:12 am »

I have Win11 currently only on my workstation not on my Media Renderer in the LR. Workstation has LG UW screen connected via original LG HDMI cable. I have set two "turn off the display after..." and "sleep after..." settings to 30 min. It works. If I press any button it goes back to work.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )
Pages: [1]   Go Up