INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Addition suggestion to the Toolbar available shortcut buttons  (Read 412 times)

Domi62

• Recent member

Hello MC team.
Whenever I add new albums to my library, I note that some clients of my music files folder (not the MC library, but the actual FLAC files on a NAS) like Roon or BluOS have difficulties with tags or album art. The problem is not with MC but with these other clients, BluOS being notoriously bad with album art. To fix that, MC (for Mac in my case) is the perfect tool: after adding albums, I make sure Album art and file tags are correct in MC and edit if required, then I select the new albums and run 2 actions: 1) Tools, Album art, "Save album art as indicated in options" and 2) Tools, Manage Library, "Update tags (from library)". Both are buried two levels down in the menus. It would be terrific to add these 2 to the list of available Actions to be added to the Shortcut Toolbar at the bottom of MC.
I am convinced that many MC users who use its superior file editing capabilities to run a clean and properly tagged media file storage do the same and would appreciate a faster access.
Many thanks for considering!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Addition suggestion to the Toolbar available shortcut buttons
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 09:52:34 am »

Interesting suggestions.  I made me wonder if these actions are available as Media center Core Commands.  It turns out both of them are.

MCCs can be bound to keyboard shortcuts.  If you do this often enough, keyboard shortcuts might work well for you.  They take a bit of effort to set up, as you need to edit the keyboard mapping file, but it's not all that hard.

The MCC for "save cover art to location in options" is 23046 .  As per this reference:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up