INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver remote access on local network, need advice.  (Read 408 times)

AGHTPC

• Recent member
JRiver remote access on local network, need advice.
« on: April 14, 2022, 11:22:19 pm »

I am sure this has been asked before, sorry. I am just getting into distributing my content throughout the house. Ive tried both Plex and Kodi, and both have their downsides. My library consists mainly of UHD HDR content which playback perfectly using my HTPC & JRiver.
Questions:
I only have one HTPC upstairs. My main theater is downstairs. I want to take advantage of the picture quality in both locations. What is the best way to go about this?
Can I access and playback my content if on the same network using an android device ( fire tv, Nvidia shield etc ) in another part of the house?
Is it possible to access my library via JRiver remotely outside my network?

Thank you!

w_axlrose1

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver remote access on local network, need advice.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 02:41:54 am »

Configure JRiver as a server on whichever machine hosts your library by going to Tools>Options>Media Network>Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA. You can then use JRiver on your other clients to connect to it.

By enabling DLNA this should allow any other software that supports it to access the library. I'm unfamiliar with the Android ecosystem so can't really comment on what does and doesn't support it.

You can access the JRiver library remotely but you will need to set up a port forwarding rule on your router.

More detail from the wiki... https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Network_Access

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver remote access on local network, need advice.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 06:50:16 am »

This topic too:  https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Network and the one on Remotes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up