INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover arts keep disappearing  (Read 262 times)

seamonster

• Recent member
Cover arts keep disappearing
« on: April 18, 2022, 09:33:39 pm »

I have a big library.  Almost all albums have the folder.jpg file in their folders and have their cover arts properly displayed at one time.

From time to time many of the cover arts will suddenly disappear.  I have thousands of albums and sometimes 10-33% lost the cover art.  The folder files are still there in the album folder but the desktop just shows a quarter note icon and not pick up the cover art.  I waited for the JRiver desktop to refresh.  Some do come back but many don't. 

- If I do "Cover Art - Add from File", sometimes the Cover Art comes back and sometimes it won't.  Some cover art just won't reappear no matter what.  And because so many are missing I cannot do one by one.
- I can group select and then do a "Library Tool - Update Library (from Tags)".  The cover arts will mostly come back.  Then again, some won't and I have to do individual "Cover Art - Add from File".  Then by luck some will get the cover art back but some just still won't reappear.  Given vast number of the missing cover arts and my library size, this takes a long time.

And then may be a week or a month after, the cover arts will disappear from the desktop again.  The disappearance seems random.

This has been an recurring problem since many versions ago.  It seems there is a bug somewhere and will act up from time to time.  As I grow my library this becomes a bigger and bigger problem.

HELP!

Pages: [1]   Go Up