INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Font size constantly changes  (Read 501 times)

rbmjr

• World Citizen
Font size constantly changes
« on: April 19, 2022, 11:10:58 am »

The font size is constantly changing. I select a font, lets say (Ariel) and size (10) under Tools | Options | Tree & View | Advanced | Select Font and go about using Media Center. Sometimes I am interfacing with the machine running Media Center directly, other times I am accessing the machine remotely. After a few interactions, the font size will mysteriously change, sometimes it's larger (14, 18, 24 points), sometimes smaller (usually 8 points). How can lock the font size in at say (10) points and prevent the font size from changing?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Font size constantly changes
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 11:34:39 am »

That's not something MC is doing.  Antivirus, other security software?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 11:57:36 am »

If you're using different machines as you indicated in your initial post, I assume they are outputting two different monitors? If so, if those monitors are set at different resolutions and/or use different Windows OS scale settings, that is the source of the problem.

The only way you can stop the font from resizing (that I am aware of) is to ensure the displays for all the machines are set at the same scale/resolution (unless J River modifies their code to deal with the situation). That may not be a viable solution, if for example, one is a laptop and the other a big screen TV.  Or if one display is only capable of lower resolution and the other is a high def, or ultra high def monitor.

rbmjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 02:13:41 pm »

I can see how accessing MC from (a) the machine its installed on (b) a remote desktop session from a laptop and (c) a remote desktop session from a tablet, all with different resolutions, could easily be the source of the problem. What's not making sense to me is that I can use the mix of tech (PC, laptop, tablet) to access MC for days without the font size changing, then suddenly the font size will change. I don't understand why other apps aren't affected, only MC?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 02:21:26 pm »

I cannot say why the font size is unaffected for several days and then suddenly changes.  Something to do with syncing settings I imagine?

As for only MC being affected, I don't think most applications allow the user to control the font size of the GUI. MC does, and it tries to automatically adjust the font size you specified for the skin to match the windows OS scaling and/or monitor resolution.

That just made me think of something… When you go several days with no font size change issues, does it manifest itself because you switched to a different skin perhaps?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 03:04:44 pm »

Registry cleaner?

rbmjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 03:47:07 pm »

Never thought about the registry cleaner. I will check on that tomorrow