INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] The Play/Pause keyboard media key mounts a DVD/BluRay ISO file twice  (Read 443 times)

bogdanbz

• World Citizen

When I launch playback of a DVD or BluRay ISO file by selecting the ISO file in MC's Standard View and then pressing the Play/Pause media key on my keyboard, the ISO file is mounted twice, in two different discs (F: and G: for instance). This happens in Theater View as well.

If I try to play the same ISO file with a double-click on the file in MC Standard View, or by navigating inside the Theater View until I can press Watch, then the ISO file is mounted only once.

So it's a bug that is linked to how the media keys are handled.

bogdanbz

• World Citizen

I noticed the latest build (29.0.38) has the same issue, when I start playback of a ISO file using the Play/Pause media key on my keyboard, the ISO is mounted twice, visible as two disc drives in Windows Explorer.

Were you able to reproduce this? Is there a plan for a fix?

Additional details: the ISO file is mounted once before the "A DVD media disc was detected. What do you want to do?" popup dialog is shown, and then a second time after you select "Play this disc" in the dialog.

If you chose to not display this dialog again, the ISO is still mounted twice in two separate virtual drives, you just don't see the dialog anymore.

General -> Advanced -> Media key mode is set to the default value (Automatic)
Theater View -> Advanced -> Allow special handling on media insertion = enabled (but the issue happens while in Standard View mode as well, not just in Theater View)

I have AutoPlay disabled in the Windows Settings and in Windows Control panel, as can be seen in the screenshots below.

bogdanbz

• World Citizen

I noticed this entry in the 29.0.41 build changelog:

"5. Changed: An attempt to route system media key messages and then handle them (instead of always eating them)."

If it was an attempt to address this bug, I'm sorry to say it did not work. When I press the Play/Pause media key on the keyboard after selecting a DVD or BluRay ISO in the Explorer view (either from the Standard View Drives & Devices -> Explorer, or from Theater view -> Explorer), the DVD or BluRay disc is still inserted twice, in two separate virtual drives.
Pages: [1]   Go Up