INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to get rid of this search field?  (Read 1613 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Is it possible to get rid of this search field?
« on: May 03, 2022, 12:09:57 pm »

Hi,

I can not find where to post questions about JR28 for PC so I try here.
Is it possible to get rid of this search field as there is one search field in the upper right corner already?

Best Regards
Captor
JRiver for music

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Is it possible to get rid of this search field?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 12:52:43 pm »

Nooo...

That search field allows to filter the tags shown in the tag window. It can be very useful, and the search field in the top right cannot do this.

Captor

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 12:56:18 pm »

OK, thank you very much for answering.
JRiver for music

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 01:15:27 pm »

Not really.

In the skin XML file under the PLAYERBAR subsection, you can disable the image corresponding to the search box, which will get rid of the "box", but the default text "Search" will remain, and you can still type text to search even without the box showing. In addition, if you disable that image, it also disables the search box image in the upper right.  Bottom line, I don't think there's any way to completely remove it.

Interestingly though, disabling that image does not affect the Play Doctor search box (only visible when media is not playing), or the search box in the options window - those search boxes are controlled by the textbox input in the FRAME subsection.

All that said, the tag window search box only searches the info currently shown in the tag window. The search box in the upper right however, searches the entire view shown in the main content area.

The skin in your screen snips looks like something you may have created yourself, is that right?  It appears to be based on Marko's Black and Blue skin with your own custom tab's, track display window, and player transport buttons (which I think look really cool by the way).  If it is your custom skin… Nice job!  If it isn't, where did you get it?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 01:16:31 pm »

oh shoot. Looks like Marko beat me to the punch. Did not notice till after I posted!

Captor

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 02:12:23 pm »

oh shoot. Looks like Marko beat me to the punch. Did not notice till after I posted!
Thanks for your answer. Yes, I think it is very cool too. It is Marko´s skin Black and Blue as you wrote. I just changed some brightness/darkness as far I can remember. I have had this now for very long time so I don´t really remember that i did something more than that. I think not. Maybe Marko can answer on that?
 It is very relaxing and soft to the eyes.
JRiver for music

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2022, 04:43:07 pm »

Well that explains it.  I guess I had never actually downloaded his original version available on the skin plug-in page, but only his subsequent version, Black and Blue Too .

Interesting note, it was actually a single graphical element on his Black and Blue Too skin that inspired my skin, Dream in Blue.  I remember thinking when I saw it, I could develop a whole skin around that one image … And after tweaking it a bit… I did!  In any event, his skin is wonderful and I'm glad you still enjoy it all these years later.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2022, 11:08:38 pm »

The version on the plugin page is pretty much broken for todays MC's.

The current one is available here if you're interested...
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=49214.0

Captor

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2022, 01:57:02 am »

Well that explains it.  I guess I had never actually downloaded his original version available on the skin plug-in page, but only his subsequent version, Black and Blue Too .

Interesting note, it was actually a single graphical element on his Black and Blue Too skin that inspired my skin, Dream in Blue.  I remember thinking when I saw it, I could develop a whole skin around that one image … And after tweaking it a bit… I did!  In any event, his skin is wonderful and I'm glad you still enjoy it all these years later.
I will check that out too :-)
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2022, 01:59:49 am »

The version on the plugin page is pretty much broken for todays MC's.

The current one is available here if you're interested...
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=49214.0
Hi, broken in what way? I have not noticed anything strange. Is the new one same look? Or are there other pros with that? I remember I chenged to this one I have today when it was a problem with the scaling. You, that time, gave me a link to this "Black and Blue" I use today and it has worked perfectly all the time.
JRiver for music

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2022, 09:11:19 am »

I will check that out too :-)
Let me know what you think when you do. And be sure to vote on the plug-in page (only a ten rating is allowed though  ;D)

Hi, broken in what way? I have not noticed anything strange. Is the new one same look? Or are there other pros with that? I remember I changed to this one I have today when it was a problem with the scaling. You, that time, gave me a link to this "Black and Blue" I use today and it has worked perfectly all the time.
The version you are using you likely got from the same link Marko posted in this thread. I did just download the one from the J River plug-in page, and as Marko noted, it definitely has some graphical issues, particularly with respect to using it on a 4K monitor. The version from the thread link Marko posted however not only fixes those issues, but various other skin elements look much brighter and cleaner. In fact, I think I like this version better than Black and Blue Too. If Marko reads this, why not replace the broken one on the plug-ins page with the updated/correct version? And while you're at it, upload Black and Blue Too as well! I know that means those skins will supplant my skin as the "most recent", but that's okay. I am actually spending some time here and there updating the Dream and Blue skin anyway, and will probably post that sometime in the next few months.

And while we're on the subject of the plug-in page…  Can J River please update it so all the skins are laid out in a grid, like every other website? As it stands now, that page almost looks as if it is defunct. I sometimes wonder how many potential sales J River loses due to the fact that their website looks like something from the very earliest days of the Internet. If they got a talented web designer to update their entire site, I have zero doubt it would pay for itself within a year.  Just from my own experience - when I first came across J River back around 2006, I remember thinking, even back then...

"Is this site legitimate? It looks so outdated. And even if it is legitimate, how good could the software be if their site looks like this?" I know I cannot be the only person who had these thoughts. And the website hasn't changed in the 15+ years since (at least not in any obvious way).  But I had received overwhelming recommendations from others that this was THE media player to get, and they were not wrong. But again… How many sales have they lost due to people thinking the exact same thing I did, and then not bothering to investigate further?

All right… Sorry about that… Totally hijacked the thread. I guess this is just something that has been on my mind ever since I started using J River so many years ago, and I unexpectedly decided to rant about it in this post…  ::).  I truly do hope J River considers this - update your website and watch the money roll in!

Captor

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2022, 11:08:39 am »

Okey  :)
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2022, 11:45:27 am »

I have now updated the skin and it look like about the same for me. Maybe more sharp? But that can also be the contrast that is different. I have tried Blue Dreams as well and that look nice too. It will probably be my second choice. I just thought of another thing, it would be nice if it would be possible to easy change the font size for example in the "tags" box.
By the way, where can I find all the skins if I want to delete some old once I not use anymore?
JRiver for music

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2022, 12:29:13 pm »

Hi Captor, the version you had was indeed the version found in the forum.

@HPBEME, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to fire off a couple of archives to Bob, especially since that B&B up there is not quite right. I'll get round to that in a day or so...

Captor

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2022, 01:05:40 pm »

Hi Captor, the version you had was indeed the version found in the forum.

@HPBEME, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to fire off a couple of archives to Bob, especially since that B&B up there is not quite right. I'll get round to that in a day or so...
Dear Marko, very nice! Thanks in advance I see forward to it :-)
JRiver for music

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2022, 06:16:25 pm »

Sounds like a plan Marko. I did find one 4K upscaling issue in your "good" version however. The tag group open/closed indicator icons overlap onto the group header text. See pic below. I figure if you're going upload to the plug-in page, you might want to fix that first. The good news though, is that was the only 4K upscaling issue I came across.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2022, 12:31:22 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up