INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The failure of installing the VST plugins  (Read 596 times)

Lucianius

The failure of installing the VST plugins
« on: May 06, 2022, 08:43:32 am »

Hi guys, I am setting up my new laptop (MacBook Pro 16, Apple Silicon 2021) and corresponding working environment. I reinstall the MC 29 and install the plugins I used, (ARC 3 and Flux bundle, etc.).

However, these VST plugins cannot be installed with the message "Fail to install plugins". Do you have some ideas or solutions about this circumstance ? It's my first time to encounter this issue (by the way, I used MacBook Pro 16, intel-based 2019 before. For this model, there is no problem).

[Edit]
Thanks so much for Rito's comments. I rerun MC 29 via Rosetta, the plugins are installed normally without any error message. I hypothesized that the error comes from the incompatibility of Plugins for arm64 instructions.

W.r.t. the same circumstance as like I encountered, rerun the MC on Rosetta mode maybe a good solution.

rito

• Recent member
Re: The failure of installing the VST plugins
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 03:18:56 am »

Are  the plugins M1-compatible? If you are not sure, start MediaCenter in Rosetta-Stone-mode and try to install the plugins again. That could help. 

On the other hand - I have a plugin here, which is supposed to be M1 compatible. When I try to install it, nothing happens - not even an error message

I have used jriver on windows for about a decade, (almost) without complaints. I switched to Apple last year and the jriver experience on MacOS is/was quite horrible. Lots of crashes and endless re-installs and reboots, problems with plugins, slow performance  etc. - although the last versions behaved better I am still searching for an alternative...

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: The failure of installing the VST plugins
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 10:04:41 am »

My experience with MC on Mac has been quite different from yours.  I've had some performance problems way in the distant past; about 8 years ago.  Those were solved by a newer Mac with an SSD drive.

I haven't had any of the other issues you report.  I have no doubt that you are telling the truth.  I just wanted to say that my experience has been relatively trouble free.  So it may vary by what each customer is doing, which features are important, and of course what hardware is being used.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up