INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stutter in videos  (Read 1055 times)

andyfrut

• Recent member
stutter in videos
« on: May 08, 2022, 07:53:22 pm »

I have stutter in 23.976 playback with J River 29 + nvidia rtx 3080. This issue is present with J River 28 too, but is fixed when I enable V-SYNC from the Nvidia control panel. This is not working in JRiver 29, every time that I play a video the Nvidia Control Panel change my custom v-sync setting for the JRiver 29 app to "use the 3D setting". It doesn't matter if I change it to "use the global setting" or VSync enabled, is reverted every time. Anyone have this problem?

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: stutter in videos
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 08:33:38 pm »

Hi, could you add some more info like:
- Are you using JRVR, madVR, or RO Std?  (if you are using JRVR or madVR then can you take a screen shot after pressing Cntrl+J while the video is playing)
- Are you using MC's display rate changer to put your display into 23.976hz?
- Are you using MC's Video Clock option (this option will only work if you are decoding not bit streaming the Audio).

The other thing that works for me in nvidia Control Panel is: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,130657.msg910638.html#msg910638

JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 12:06:11 am »

Which OS are you on that you need to force VSYNC to be on? Usually you cant even disable it anymore.

I don't think we should entirely override user choices in the nvidia profiles, but i'll check how we set it if that can cause it.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 03:52:42 am »

Maybe the settings that nvidia sets when you ask it to disable VRR don't cause this issue. I made a post about these settings here.

Quoting myself:
In other words, those two other settings default to the global value, which the user might have set to something that is not compatible to what MC expects.

andyfrut

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 09:16:42 am »

Hi, could you add some more info like:
- Are you using JRVR, madVR, or RO Std?  (if you are using JRVR or madVR then can you take a screen shot after pressing Cntrl+J while the video is playing)
- Are you using MC's display rate changer to put your display into 23.976hz?
- Are you using MC's Video Clock option (this option will only work if you are decoding not bit streaming the Audio).

The other thing that works for me in nvidia Control Panel is: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,130657.msg910638.html#msg910638

-madVR
-No, I'm using madvr to change my display rate
-No, I'm not using MC video clock

andyfrut

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 09:17:37 am »

Which OS are you on that you need to force VSYNC to be on? Usually you cant even disable it anymore.

I don't think we should entirely override user choices in the nvidia profiles, but i'll check how we set it if that can cause it.

I'm using Windows 10

andyfrut

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2022, 09:27:32 am »

Maybe the settings that nvidia sets when you ask it to disable VRR don't cause this issue. I made a post about these settings here.

Quoting myself:

The issue is not fixed because what nvidia sets, I tried with gsync enabled and disabled but the stutter is always there. In JRiver 28 this is not an issue thanks to 'Vsync enabled' in the Nvidia Control Panel

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2022, 09:42:34 am »

Did you try to set the other two settings to the value mentioned in my post in the profile of MC29 in nvidia control panel and they did not solve your issue?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2022, 11:23:59 am »

I made some small changes to the profile setting logic, and hopefully build 47 or newer should at least let you override settings again as you could before. As for why its required, madVR seems to be notorious for vsync settings sometimes.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

andyfrut

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2022, 02:29:00 pm »

Did you try to set the other two settings to the value mentioned in my post in the profile of MC29 in nvidia control panel and they did not solve your issue?
yes, I did

andyfrut

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2022, 02:30:05 pm »

I made some small changes to the profile setting logic, and hopefully build 47 or newer should at least let you override settings again as you could before. As for why its required, madVR seems to be notorious for vsync settings sometimes.
great to know, thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up