INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: W10 audio settings  (Read 1425 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
W10 audio settings
« on: May 10, 2022, 03:42:49 am »

Hi

I recently had my PC rebuilt with a new GPU card and W10 freshly installed. So a few things have broken ...

I have a 5.1 set up via HDMI to a receiver. In the W10 "Sound Control Panel" how should I configure my output device? I have followed the instructions in the Configure Wizard, and set it as 5.1, but now the receiver always shows all 5.1 channels rather than only the active channels - eg when listening to 2Ch music it comes out of speakers 2Ch but the receiver is lit up as 5.1??? It was not like this before and would have lit up as 2ch when listening to music, for example.

Any bright ideas?

Thank you
Z

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Re: W10 audio settings
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 02:03:23 am »

What is your audio device set up to in JRiver?  It should be Wasapi and then include either the name of your receiver or TV depending on how you have things connected.  If you set it up this way I think JRiver bypasses windows settings and send the audio straight as is to the receiver (Unless you have made changes in JRiver DSP Settings  In there if you have enabled it you should have it set to "Same as Source" for number of channels..

Carl.
Pages: [1]   Go Up