INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stream to DLNA renderer from client  (Read 1192 times)

landolfi

• Recent member
Stream to DLNA renderer from client
« on: May 10, 2022, 09:10:40 am »

Hi,

Not sure whether this is possible, but here is my setup and use case: I have a headless JRiver 29 server running on a PC in the media room that I would like to control remotely and have it send the stream to a stand-alone Denon AVR X1200W upstairs. It seems sometimes the JRiver server sees the Denon and sometimes it does not (like right now). When the server sees the Denon, I can remotely control the server to stream to it, but what I would prefer is to be able to use a client or JRemote to stream to the Denon zone. Is there something I need to set up for this to happen? I have tried adding a dynamic zone on the server but it does not ever seem to actually add a new zone, the dialog accepts the Denon's IP but that's it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Stream to DLNA renderer from client
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 09:25:25 am »

The Denon probably needs to be set to the right input (network, for example).  The network connection needs to be reliable.

landolfi

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 12:13:03 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply. The server and Denon network connections are both excellent (wired in both cases). Both server and Denon also have static IPs. I haven't tried setting one or both to DHCP, I suppose that's worth a try. I thought maybe there was something I needed to do on JRiver to tell it to look for clients, the server is also not showing other DLNA renderers like an Oppo 203 and a TV that are available, and the Oppo is also wired to the same router as the server.

landolfi

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 09:42:57 pm »

Just to close the loop here: On the server, the DLNA Controller advanced option was not checked under Tools/Options/Media Network/Advanced. Putting a checkmark there caused all the DLNA renderers (including the Denon) to appear under Playing Now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up