INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to send more audio channels to a plugin than your soundcard has?  (Read 276 times)

Sycraft

I have a bit of an odd setup that I'd like to see if I can make work in MC29: I have an RME ADI-2 DAC that my headphones connect to. It's a 2-channel device so only 2 outs in ASIO. I like to run dearVR Monitor (a VST3 plugin) to process and binauralize the audio. That works great in stereo, same as it does in Nuendo. However, the plugin supports higher channel counts for inputs, 5.1, 7.1, even things like 9.1.6 and 13.1. In Nuendo, I can use it for that to monitor surround or Atmos mixes on headphones with pretty good results. I feed it a multi-channel bus, it outputs stereo to the monitor outs which are routed to the RME. If I try to play a multi-channel file in MC29 though, it says it can't play it because it can't open that many channels on the soundcard, so I'd have to downmix it. I don't want to do that though, I want dearVR Monitor to downmix it.

So is there any way I can have MC29 send the multi-channel audio out to dearVR Monitor, and then output the stereo to my DAC?
Pages: [1]   Go Up