INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver DLNA with a FIIO M17DAP  (Read 1132 times)

jbony01

• Recent member
JRiver DLNA with a FIIO M17DAP
« on: May 17, 2022, 12:55:46 pm »

Is anyone here using a FIIO DAP such as the M15/M17 DAP? are you able to setup its media server to work with jriver DLNA? I have setup JRiver DLNA but my FIIO DAP is not seeing it, JRiver isn't seeing my FIIO either. It is worth mentioning that I also setup media Library feature of windows 10, and both my laptop and the FIIO see each other and work fine, but not with JRiver. I think I am missing something.
Thanks,

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver DLNA with a FIIO M17DAP
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 01:12:44 pm »

The wiki has instructions for DLNA and Media Network.  You need to turn it on in settings.

jbony01

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 05:27:30 pm »

I have followed the exact steps in the WIKI, but somehow the FIIO DAP is not detecting it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 05:34:40 pm »

Firewall?  Antivirus?

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 02:12:07 pm »

Is anyone here using a FIIO DAP such as the M15/M17 DAP?
I have a few FiiO DAPs but none of the new expensive powerful ones. I have had zero issues playing from, or to, JRiver over my network. I am not currently using them for this purpose so i am a little out of practice.

I am not familiar with the software on the expensive FiiOs so I am having trouble understanding how you are going about using it on your network. In years past I used foobar on my DAP to play music from my JRiver server, I also used bubbleUPnP on my DAP to play music from my DAP, and also my server, to another instance of JRiver, as a renderer. I am not a fan of the FiiO software so I always disable it straightaway.

I could not run JRiver for android on my DAPs because they are very under powered and it did not enjoy cataloging my 1tb library. I may give it a go with the latest update though.

Maybe more info about the software you are using could be helpful. You can also try the apps I have had success with in the past, or even JRiver for Android, to see if you have better luck with them, then go from there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up