INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M29 video stutter with MADVR  (Read 584 times)

Franky

• Recent member
M29 video stutter with MADVR
« on: May 19, 2022, 02:32:30 am »

Hello,

I moved up from MC28 to MC29. When playing any video with MADVR in MC29 gives video stutter. Playing with MC28 with MADVR gives no issues at all. In both cases MADVR reports no dropped or repeated frames. There is clearly something wrong with MC29 because MC29 and MC28 use the same MADVR and settings.
MC29 is not useable to me right now due to this. How should we proceed to fix this?

Regards, Frank

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: M29 video stutter with MADVR
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 05:03:32 am »

It will be a setting (either in MC or madVR).  Can you post a screen shot with Ctrl+J up for both MC28 and MC29 showing the madVR playback info.   .... and by stutter do you mean every now and again, every x seconds, or constantly?
JRiver CEO Elect

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
Re: M29 video stutter with MADVR
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 09:37:49 am »

When I downloaded and started using MC 29, MC 29 installed a new madvr instance under the "Media Center 29 / Plugins" folder.

Here are some quick fixes that you can try.

1. Change the Vertical sync to "ON" in the Manage 3D settings in NVIDIA control panel.
2. Also set (in madVR, under rendering - Windowed mode) present frames in advance to 1.

3. You can also try to disable (in madVR, rendering - general settings) use Direct3D 11 for presentation.

The first two solved the micro stutter for me using a 2080 graphics card.

---------------------
Additional ways to try to fix stuttering:

* madvr settings > general settings > windowed mode / exclusive mode > frames presented in advance = 1

* NVIDIA settings > Power Management Mode = Adaptive / Normal
* NVIDIA settings > Vertical Sync = Adaptive
* NVIDIA settings > GSync = Disabled globally (use profiles for games)
* NVIDIA settings > disable Multiplane Overlay

Multiplane Overlay:
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5157
Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S
Pages: [1]   Go Up