INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver limiting resource usage to plugins.  (Read 423 times)

Damaniwii

JRiver limiting resource usage to plugins.
« on: May 20, 2022, 06:58:53 pm »

Hello, I've been using JRiver for quite some time now and always run into this issue where JRiver isnt using any cpu and my plugins are causing skipping because of it. I only get 6% cpu usage when listening through JRiver but I have about 7 plugins going with some music in the range of 384 32Bit format.

This issue gets worse the higher the sample rate of the tracks get.

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Re: JRiver limiting resource usage to plugins.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 08:09:38 pm »

What are your computer specs?  There are other things besides CPU that can have limiting factor such as RAM, Network Speed, HDD Speed etc....

Is your music / database stored on local computer or network?

Carl.

Damaniwii

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 11:23:39 pm »

Yes I custom built this pc it has a i9-9820x 10 Core 20 Threads with an overclock, 16GB ram also overclocked, music is stored on both local ssds and hdds. The pc is pretty good and everything runs stable, I do notice upon looking into this issue further that it seems like Media Center is heavily using 1 core with others getting around 5 - 10% respectively.

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 01:30:59 am »

Someone else would have to chime in.  But it's possible that processing 384Mhz @ 32 Bit could put a strain on 16GB of RAM. That's not really that much these days with Windows 10 and all it's processes plus your plugins plus the audio file size etc...

RAM not showing as full during the issues?

Carl.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 01:38:53 am »

Note that at 20 CPU threads, a usage of 5% could already indicate that a single thread is entirely loaded and being the bottleneck (5% being 1/20th of the CPU)
We don't run VST plugins on different threads, so unless the plugins themself use threads internally, that might as well be the case here.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up