INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a Big Thank You the Matt!  (Read 448 times)

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
a Big Thank You the Matt!
« on: May 24, 2022, 12:42:48 pm »

I just noticed that the "double scrolling" of the tag dump window AND the overall tag window has been fixed… So a big THANK YOU!  I'm not exactly sure when that happened, but it is welcomed.  I know Marko and English Tiger also will be happy about this fix 

Any chance you would consider implementing my request for adding a couple items to the tag window menu as described in this thread:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,131228.msg910407.html#msg910407

Below is my original post from that thread:
The Advanced (Experimental) tag window currently has only a single option in the menu… Customize (which opens the dialog to customize your tag groups).  I request that the following options be added to enhance usability:

*Collapse All Tag Groups
*Expand All Tag Groups
*Toggle Auto-Expand/Collapse
  -Currently when you expand a tag group, it stays open/closed until you close/open it (thus the first 2 items in the list).
  -This option would automatically collapse the currently open tab group when you click on a different tag group header to expand it
  -This option would toggle between the current “stay open” behavior and using an auto-expand/collapse workflow
  -This behavior is already standard for the Panes View, so I presume it can be incorporated in the Tag Window too
          -e.g., you’ve defined multiple Genre’s with sub-styles, and when you click on a different Genre, the open one collapses, and the newly selected Genre expands to show all its sub-styles
*Toggle Tag Window Style
  -This would toggle between the Standard Tag Window (where all tags are sorted alphabetically) and the Advanced Tag Window (where you customize the tags into groups and order tags as desired)
  -This menu item would be added to both the Standard and Advanced Tag Window menu list.
  -Having this in the menu would also expose the Advanced Tag Window functionality that many users may never become aware of otherwise.
  -I only discovered the Advanced Tag Window when I stumbled across it looking for something completely unrelated, and a post mentioned using “shift-click” to activate the "other" Tag Window.
  -I remember thinking… What? What other Tag Window?… and I had been using MC for over a decade at that point.
  -For users who never come to the forum (which I imagine is the vast majority of MC users), they may never discover this awesome tagging interface… and even then, I only found it on the forum by dumb luck.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: a Big Thank You the Matt!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 08:31:19 pm »

Well another big thank you is in order!

Thank you Matt for incorporating the expand all/collapse all tag window groups as new menu options. In addition, you can now toggle between the two different tag style windows directly from the tag window menu, instead of having to close one first (and then having to use the undocumented "shift-click" to launch the other style).  Both new features up and working correctly as of 29.0.54.

I did have a couple of quick follow-ups based on my usage. Instead of listing them here, I added them to the original thread.  Thanks again!
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,131228.msg910407.html#msg910407
Pages: [1]   Go Up