INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird display issue BDMV Music disc  (Read 344 times)

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Weird display issue BDMV Music disc
« on: June 01, 2022, 02:56:20 am »

I ripped my Styx - The Mission Blu-Ray audio disc some time ago to BDMV folder.
When I played it today I noticed that it listed it as being "16Bit / 48kHz - 2 Ch. at the top of the screen.  My received does not report the channels but it sounded like it was full surround.  It does report the Sample rate and it came up correctly as 96kHz.  So I minimized the screen to look at JRiver DSP reporting and as you can see below it does indeed report 96kHz - 24Bit 6 Ch.  So not sure why it is different at the top of the screen in the title bar.

Here is a screen shot:

Please let me know if I have a setting wrong or something that I can do to correct this?

Thanks.

Carl.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Weird display issue BDMV Music disc
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 07:14:03 pm »

It's cosmetic.  My guess is that the BD has two tracks, a 2ch PCM and the 5.1 DTS-HD MA one.  That top display is showing what MC has in it's database fields for Bit Depth, Sample Rate, # of Channels which is filled in when the BD was imported ... and MC grabbed the details for the 2ch PCM track not the 5.1 one (which is used for playback as seen in the DSP details).  Since MC is now defaulted to playing the 5.1 track you could try to Right Click on the entry --> Library Tools --> Update Library from Tags. 
JRiver CEO Elect

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 07:21:23 pm »

Wow.  Good to know.

I always thought that whatever was in the tile display of what is currently playing are the actual specs for that audio.

Carl.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 08:43:04 pm »

There might be a way to change (under customise display option) from Database fields to DSP info but..... I have no idea if that is possible.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up