INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library View  (Read 309 times)

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
Library View
« on: June 02, 2022, 12:09:09 pm »

I have been trying different experiments on an Id to better understand libraries and have been creating and deleting libraries, importing a library from a PC, and making changes to file locations in libraries to make cover art accessible and configure auto-import of music files. 

Somehow in making these changes, previously created libraries are not showing as available anymore in the Playing From tree. I think it happened when I created a new library and then restored the library from a PC  Then two previously created libraries on the Id didn't show in the Playing From tree but one did.  I can still see the folders where they reside but cannot load them because MC wants me to create a new library with an empty folder. 

I checked to see if the missing libraries had been hidden and they didn't show as an entity to unhide.  I noticed in Tools>Libraries and Folders>Auto-Import>Run import on Empty Libraries was unchecked.  I checked that and set the folder to /home/media and to include all subfolders.  I then restarted MC on the Id and I still don't see them.   

From reading the wiki on libraries and library manager I came away with the understanding that MC should automatically show all libraries ever created.  I'm trying to better understand library behavior and hopefully someone can explain what is likely going on here. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up