INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No audio DD+ atmos bitstreaming  (Read 497 times)

bertie_bassett

No audio DD+ atmos bitstreaming
« on: June 10, 2022, 08:36:50 am »

Hi, new user and first post. Loving MC so far - it looks great!

I'm using it to play 4K HDR mkvs with audio bitstreaming to my receiver. Everything I've played so far works great - the amp lights up with the correct input, my screen switches to the right refresh rate, HDR activates on the screen when it should do, all is good...

... except for one TV show encoded with DD+ Atmos audio. My receiver receives no sound output from this file at all. Non-atmos DD+ on other files bitstreams fine, as do all other audio codecs. Just this one... which is annoying, as lots of the stuff I use the system for is 4k HDR with this audio format.

My receiver is not atmos compatible, but I understand this shouldn't matter as it should just decode the DD+ core and ignore the atmos metadata. This is how it behaves with the exact same file played in Kodi - HDR activates and the receiver shows that it is receiving bitstreamed DD+ from the atmos file.

Is there anything obvious I'm doing wrong?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No audio DD+ atmos bitstreaming
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 09:45:21 am »

Please try a Google search for JRiver + Atmos.  You will find previous discussions.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 10:39:29 am »

Can you share a sample or name a disc with this kind of combination that presents this problem? DD+ is a bit peculiar sometimes.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 05:55:21 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  As an aside, you may want to consider not Bitstreaming but having MC decode the audio on non-Atmos setups, as:
- MC's decoder is bit perfect (just like your AVR),
- You then can use MC's DSP (in addition to your AVR setup),
- and most importantly you can turn on "Video Clock" in MC that will prevent dropping/repeating Video frames as it will keep the Audio and Video streams in sync (eg eliminate drift).

I don't know if using the MC decoder will also "fix" the missing audio in your DD+ Atmos track but it is worth a try.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up