INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for Streaming Movies from my MC 29 Server  (Read 731 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Suggestions for Streaming Movies from my MC 29 Server
« on: June 11, 2022, 03:11:37 pm »

I've had a lot of trouble with this the past few years.

My set-up:
  • MC 29 on an always-on Windows 11 PC in the basement.
  • Wired (via a Netgear RAXE500 + Cat8 cable + a gigabit switch) Samsung Q60 Series TV upstairs (1 floor up) in our living room.

Things I've tried:
  • Nvidia Shield using the JRiver Android TV app: I can never get full 1080p or full 4K mkvs to play; the server library will load (after about 3-5 minutes: I have an approximately 700,000 file library of audio and video), but when I try to play an mkv, I end up with a blank screen, even after letting it sit for up to 5 minutes.
  • Using M0 4Media in conjunction with the Shield. This kind of works, but there's a lot of judder/jerkiness, which for me makes watching near-impossible (transcoding might help, but I didn't attempt it via Whitebear).
  • The TV's built in DLNA: this actually works for basic playback of 1080p content (after setting up Media Network to transcode with Whitebear's suggested settings), but you can't start and stop the film and have it remember where you were or pretty much utilize any other controls except pausing.
  • Various other media boxes over the years, from WD TV Lives to Mede8er; the latter probably worked the best, but either way, both now are outdated.

Things I'm considering:

Any suggestions or two-cents of advice? Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up