INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing Plugins!!  (Read 746 times)

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Installing Plugins!!
« on: March 11, 2003, 06:59:02 pm »

Okay, it's not enough to be able to control MC remotely with the command line (or windows messages), I want to control it over the network too. On MJ8 I played around a lot with Glissando. I figured I'd set it up for MC.

First, you can't download the Web Remote from the MC plugin manager.

Then, if you go through the back door and load it from the MJ plugin pages, it doesn't install properly.

I guessed that I needed to register the dll, since that's what I have to do with the DVDSpy plugin for Girder. So I did that. WebRemote still didn't show up in MC.

I started poking around in the registry. Aha!

I had to copy all the entries from HKCU\Software\JRiver\Music Exchange\1.0\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Interface\Web Remote\
to
HKLM\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Interface\Web Remote\
then the plugin appeared in MC.

Strangely, there was an entry in HKLM\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Uninstall\Web Remote...so something seems to have worked right.

Also, after setting up the Web Remote, I looked in the registry again. All the settings have been saved in the "old" location (HKCU\Software\JRiver\Music Exchange\1.0\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Interface\Web Remote\Settings\).

Regardless, after all the futzing in the registry, I've got it up and running and my settings have persisted through a restart of MC. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's more complicated than it ought to be...

Best,
Brad

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
Re: Installing Plugins!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2003, 10:47:45 pm »

You are using the WebRemote version that comes with Glissando are you... I understand this is a requirement...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
Re: Installing Plugins!!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 06:07:00 am »

You are using the WebRemote version that comes with Glissando are you... I understand this is a requirement...

Actually, I'm not...I'm using the one downloaded from the MJ8 plugins. However, I remember that in the early days of Glissando development (ie. 6 months ago) that the plugins were different.

As best as I can tell (since there isn't any version information in the various dlls) they are actually the same plugin--they are exactly the same size (bytes-wise) on my machine. I know that's not definitive, but it's pretty good.

That being said, the different versions floating around out there really need to be combined (or renamed)! I downloaded NetRemote last night, and it has even a different version of everything.

Does anyone have the skinny on TCP/IP control of MC?

(Plus, I'm avoiding bringing up the crashes and other odditys of using Glissando with MC (currently build 126)).

Best,
Brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up