INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limit Playlist to Library Audio View  (Read 554 times)

vbphil

• World Citizen
Limit Playlist to Library Audio View
« on: June 17, 2022, 04:35:36 pm »

What expression would I use to limit a smart playlist to a particular library View? When building a Rule for the smart list the choices from the drop down appear to be only Library Fields. I figured there might be a custom expression that would work for this, but I didn't see anything in the wiki.
Any thoughts?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Limit Playlist to Library Audio View
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 10:55:59 pm »

There's no way to directly specify a library view using a single smartlist rule.

If you...
  • Go to that library view, and then use the view header menu to open the "customise view" dialogue for that view
  • In the central 'Settings' area, click on "Set rules for file display"
  • Click the 'Import/Export' button and copy the rules shown.
  • Cancel all the way out and go back to your smartlist
  • Hit the edit button > Import/Export > Paste
  • OK your way out and the resulting file list should be the same as those in your library view.

Earlier on, in the "Customise View" dialogue, there was a checkbox for "Use parent scheme rules..." If yours is checked, you will also need to include those in your smartlist setup in order to match the file filtering.

vbphil

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 08:58:14 am »

• Click the 'Import/Export' button and copy the rules shown.

I understand what you did and I'm already aware of that method. The downside of that is I have several smart lists to be based on that common view and I wanted the definition of that common view to only be in one place not copied to each subsequent smart list.

I was using a common playlist and then referencing that playlist in the subsequent smart lists. That does what I want except for some reason the sub lists would occasionally lose the reference to the common smart list in the rule. The rule would change from "Playlist is any" to Custom. It was acting like a bug of some kind. So, I thought maybe using a view was better, but I guess not.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 09:11:26 am »

OK, That's a known and long standing bug.

It says to me that you use an MC server with client(s) connected? The clients cause the problem.

The solution to your issue is here... ---> https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,105230.msg731831.html#msg731831

The links there offer up some reading into the history of it if you're that way inclined :)

Employ this method of playlist reference rather than the Playlist ID method and your corruption should become a thing of the past.

-marko

vbphil

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2022, 09:28:37 am »

Cool! That works perfectly. Thanks, marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up