INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tags in windows file properties are different from JRiver  (Read 308 times)

ianhudson

• Junior Woodchuck
Tags in windows file properties are different from JRiver
« on: July 01, 2022, 09:01:31 am »

I have a bluesound powernode and it's pointed it to my music library which I manage in MC. I noticed in the bluesound app that some albums were wrong - they have two versions. The example in the screenshots is the album Sound and Color by Alabama Shakes. In MC, all the tracks are in that album, but in bluesound app, 11 tracks are in that album and 1 is in a album called Sound and Color (Deluxe Edition).

I did some digging, and if I right click on the file in windows and do properties, I see the tag is indeed Album - Sound and Color (Deluxe Edition). Bluesound is obviously puling from that.

How can that be? and how can I fix it in MC - I tried to open the tag window and hit enter, but it did not change the windows file properties.

have a look at the screen grabs.....hopefully there is a quick way to do this......things are correct in MC

ianhudson

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Tags in windows file properties are different from JRiver
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 09:10:49 am »

never mind, I figured it out - right click the file and chose Library\update tags from library.......nice and simple like I wanted....doing it now for my entire library....turns out there are many wrong tags in windows....

ianhudson

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Tags in windows file properties are different from JRiver
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 09:35:35 am »

when I tried to do this to my entire library MC crashed - so I suggest do pieces at a time
Pages: [1]   Go Up