INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding categories/tags to standard Library View?  (Read 336 times)

LGM22

Adding categories/tags to standard Library View?
« on: July 01, 2022, 10:14:39 am »

How do I add another category under Audio in the left pane of the Library view? For example, I would like to add Composer under Audio so it would then have: Albums, Artists, Files, Genres, Composer, Panes, Recent Albums, 3D Albums.

I've attached an image of my current library structure.

Thanks in advance,

Pat

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Adding categories/tags to standard Library View?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 11:04:31 am »

The easiest way is to grab one of the existing Library Views (the one closest in behavior to the one you want in the end) and drag-drop it onto the Audio item in the Tree. It'll show a popup menu asking if you want to Copy or Move the View. Choose Copy.

This will create a duplicate View which you can then modify as you see fit, rename, etc.

You can also add them from scratch by right-clicking on Audio in the Tree and choosing Add Library View, but it is often easier to modify a duplicate of an existing one.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

LGM22

Re: Adding categories/tags to standard Library View?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 12:51:35 pm »

glynor, thank you.

I grabbed an existing view and modified and renamed it to give me a "composer" node in the tree. I'm embarrassed to say I've been using MC for over 10 years and never knew how to do this before. But I was always content to use the default tree up until now. I've just started to convert my main music library to flacs from MP3s so I have a new need to sort my music differently than before.

--Pat
Pages: [1]   Go Up