More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

NEW: JRVR Configuration Profiles

<< < (3/9) > >>

Hendrik:
I'm not aware that FSRCNNX has any options like that. There is a separate version for low-quality sources that tries to clean up some common artifacts, but its not specific to interlacing.

jmone:
Thanks Hendrik - I'm wrong.  What I was reading was pre-FSRCNNX processing options.

Inquisition:
Is there any possibility to save the settings in a backup file or something else maybe for a clean new installation of mc?

tkolsto:
jmone

"The resultant image is certainly very soft, but the artifacts (mostly from FSRCNNX or RAVU) is greatly reduced.  No a great image but better than adding sharpened artifacts. "

Does this effect artifacts from interpolation also, thus reducing them or make them look less noticable or are this of a different kind.

jmone:
I don't know as I always use matched FPS and Freq.  To my eyes, sharpening tended to exaggerate the existing artifacts in poor quality video (think 1980's interlaced TV) making them more noticeable.  Profiles now gives the option to mix and match processing pending the source material and/or the processing capability of your GPU.  I have 3 profiles at present:
- FSRCNNX16 for < 30fps > FSRCNNX8 (for my 1660Ti's that don't have the horsepower to run FSRCNNX16 on high frame rate material)
- Different Scaling if Interlaced (for a softer, less sharpened image on these types).

Works well for me, but YMMV and you would need to test and trust your own eyes on your own setup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version