More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

NEW: JRVR Configuration Profiles

<< < (7/9) > >>

TheShoe:

--- Quote from: saltanar on April 30, 2023, 04:57:09 am ---thanks, have you an example?

--- End quote ---

Try this:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76605.0

The Wiki lists this in the FAQ:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

I could not find a proper manual for Zone Switch on the wiki, but the first link should help you.

jmone:
Just got back from a trip and had a play with the new MCC/MCWS control of profiles.  Overall, it works as advertised - Thanks! 

A couple of things:
1) Small one, but the naming of "Filtering" is not the same as the GUI JRVR Option of "Processing" and that may cause some confusion (the other names of Output, Scaling, and Advanced all match).
2) It writes the manually selected profiles to the "Playback Info" field in the library and this is used the next time you play the item back.  Makes sense on a standalone setup but (and I've not tested this), I suspect it will cause issues with Library Server setups with multiple clients?  eg I share the library to different clients that have different screen types (PJ, LCD, OLED) with different GPU Capabilities (4090, 3060, iGPU etc).  My profiles are going to be unique to each PC/Screen combo but Playback Info does not differentiate between them (or at least I don't think it does).

jmone:
Just want to check that the difference between selecting the "Auto" and "Default" profiles is:

- Auto:  Original JRVR behavior normally selects the "Default Profile" unless the MetaData matching picks a different one

- Default: Manually selects the "Default Profile" profile (as with any other profile) for that title

jmone:

--- Quote from: jmone on August 11, 2023, 12:26:10 am ---2) It writes the manually selected profiles to the "Playback Info" field in the library and this is used the next time you play the item back.  Makes sense on a standalone setup but (and I've not tested this), I suspect it will cause issues with Library Server setups with multiple clients?  eg I share the library to different clients that have different screen types (PJ, LCD, OLED) with different GPU Capabilities (4090, 3060, iGPU etc).  My profiles are going to be unique to each PC/Screen combo but Playback Info does not differentiate between them (or at least I don't think it does).

--- End quote ---

Thinking about this (if my assumption above is correct), it may still work if you plan out your JRVR Profile setup carefully to accommodate each HTPC/Screen.  You would want the "Default" to be correctly tailored for each HTPC/Screen, and then name and create in the same order the same number of profiles on each specific setup based on the "Default"... but then tailored to the capabilities of each setup.  This way, you could have matching Profile Names and #'s across all of the clients but each having their own specs (or just left at default).  I think that should work.  Also a setup without any custom profiles would just stay in "Default".

Hendrik:
Yes, Auto means auto-selection, and Default means specifically use "Default Profile".

Storing it in a database field is the only per-file storage we realistically have, which is not per-system. If you require multiple systems that might all want fine-tuning, you will indeed have to do a rather careful setup. Maybe auto-selection rules based on other metadata can be used more extensively, rather then per-file overrides.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version