INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Loudness Checkbox  (Read 290 times)

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Missing Loudness Checkbox
« on: July 08, 2022, 04:37:53 pm »

Loudness button in Options is only visible when you use the search tool within options. After searching to bring up the loudness checkbox, it disappears the instant you check the box.

After that, clear the options search text, manually navigate to options/audio/volume, and the loudness checkbox now shows and is checked. However, when you close options and reopen it, the loudness button is gone again.  Another search turns it up again, but the checkbox will now be back to unchecked.

Perhaps this is specific to my machine and the RealTek audio drivers it uses, and the settings I have activated there... I don't know. But it is easy enough for you to confirm if this is a universal issue.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Missing Loudness Checkbox
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 05:00:06 pm »

Do you mean Loudness checkbox?  (not button?)

Mine behaves normally.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 05:09:53 pm »

Do you mean Loudness checkbox?  (not button?)
Yes, I meant checkbox. Sorry about that.

I was worried that this problem might well be confined to only me.  It has pulled this disappearing act for many years now, but I don't recall exactly when I first noticed it.  It is 100% repeatable however.  Ultimately, it is no big deal, because I do check the loudness box in my Realtek driver interface (they actually refer to it as "loudness equalization" but whatever). And toggling that checkbox on/off doesn't translate to what is shown in MC (That is, after I search for the loudness checkbox to get to show).

Oh well… I guess it will remain a mystery.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 05:12:48 pm »

I'll move this to a new thread.  It might depend on what you're using for volume.  System, Internal, etc.  I'm using Internal.

I wouldn't expect Realtek loudness to correlate with JRiver's.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 05:53:26 pm »

It might depend on what you're using for volume.  System, Internal, etc.  I'm using Internal.
Well there you go… I have mine set to system volume, but as soon as I switch to internal volume, the loudness checkbox showed up without having to search for it.  Happens right before your eyes: while you're in options/audio/volume, switch the volume mode from internal to either application or system, and the loudness checkbox instantly disappears.

I feel a little sheepish I didn't try that before posting - sorry for wasting your time. No need to start a separate thread.

Pages: [1]   Go Up