INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-rip to original location  (Read 321 times)

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
Re-rip to original location
« on: July 12, 2022, 03:57:04 pm »

I'm re-ripping CDs to flac, which were originally ripped 15+ years ago as MP3's. Media Center 29 recognizes that the disc was ripped before and offers to re-rip or re-rip and replace. I chose the latter. It deletes the original mp3's but then rips the flac to the location I have set when ripping CDs. Is there a way to direct "re-rip and replace" to the original location? I'm having to update the tags afterwards to put them back where they belong.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Re-rip to original location
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 04:00:09 pm »

It will rip where you've told it to.  You should be able to change that in the options for File Location.  Pay attention to the rules there.

But you can also just let it rip and then move all the files at once, using Rename Move, and Copy.  See the wiki for details.

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
Re: Re-rip to original location
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 09:29:30 pm »

The re-ripped files gets placed in the location where I set "Audio (CD rips and Podcasts)" in "File Location." When Media Center detects displays the option to re-rip and I select "Re-rip and Replace" my expectation was that it would replace the newly ripped tags and in addition, all tags would be copied from the old to new files. This doesn't seem to be the case. There's no option that I see to set the location for re-ripping to the location where the original files were located.

Wiki article for re-rip seems dated and points to an article from 2009 before the re-rip feature was added to Media Center.
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Re-Rip_and_preserve_tags

A second article about re-ripping forwards to an article about copying tags.
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php?title=Re-rip_existing_music_and_keep_tags_and_statistics

There doesn't seem to be an article that covers the current re-rip implementation. Did I miss it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up