INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tried overclocking and disable ecores intel i5 12600kf hickups in movies just by  (Read 1539 times)

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

latest stable JRiver 29 ...65 build.
windows 10 pro
intel i5 12600kf
ram 16 gb corsair
Msi rtx 3050 8 gb ventus x2
Asrock Z690 Pro RS motherboard, latest bios is installed.
Vsync on in nvidia player
lg oled b1

tried overclocking(idiot me forgot what I did) and now pc/JRiver( use JRVR and enable hdr)get a hickup in movies just by moving the mouse(often) or when the jriver panel fades away it get hick up and part of image hang up a bit or something a scene where a guy move his head backwards and very tiny though, a bit of his head gets uneven/ hangs a bit.

I have tried new install of windows and also before that I tried to reflash bios to reset everything( maybe I have to flash a lower bios update and then flash back to latest or would that also mess ut the bios), but now problem persist. I have also tried to disable ecores but same result. NB also I just discovered that when I want to play youtubevideos in my opera browser..it autoselects 720p and if i choose 4k It spinn for a while before it plays.

This is probably some error that I have done in bios setting. I highly doubt I have destroyed anything because temp was always low and I did not do any oc I only enable the feature I think and som other thing I can not remember.

what could it be??

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

is there a go through or picture showing what default setting in bios is by default, then I know what it should all be. And if that does not work I might have to uninstall the entire cpu and buy new thermal pasta and do a reinstall or will that not do anything at all to bios settings?

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

now I only have hickup or a hang up or big stutter(the picture stops s half a second). This happens when I touch my mouse and also happens when the panel fades away it get a big stutter and then renders on(movie). and on youtube now , earlier it played videos instantantaniously now it loads in for a couple of seconds before it is played. it now does not auto select 720 hd but choose the highest resolution so that is good.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

used nvidia uninstall tool and then reinstalled latest nvidia drive (516.59).  now when youtube videos is selection the lowest settings when resolution is set to auto. I have to select 4k and it has to load for two seconds or so. but auto selects lowest and the first video I played had a lot of stutter before it settled.

JRiver still have the same problem...use or touch mouse and one get one big stutte before is renders on and when I lay the mouse still and when the panel at the top of the picturer fades away a new stop/stutter is happening before JRiver renders on.

I earlier also have tried cmos removing the battery to reset the bios but that did not help on this problem.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

just checked data speedometer.. 100 up and down so this is not the problem when it comes to the youtube video.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

maybe reinstall jriver? but why it choose the lowest quality on auto setting in youtube? There must be some adjustment that correct this?

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

on youtube it is unstable loading and stutters in the beginning of videos and overall there are some stutter when one click on different points in a yt video.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

also opera browser stops working sometimes..and I have to disable it in msconfig.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

here are my log fil and a screenshot of ctrl - J.

I have reseted my bios, reset to uefi, which is the way to do this to get default cpu bios setting. Youtube is behaving a bit bette now. not so much stuttering and less loading time.

But JRiver is behaving the same and that is more specifically when I move the mouse during playing a movie(local 4k hdr movie) and then the movieplay hangs and when then when the panel on the top of the screen fades away again after not moving the mouse it also get a hang and then renders on normally. so this is not periodically but reproduceable, it happens everytime I touch the mouse and right after the panel fades away again. I also moved the movie(alien covenant) to the system ssd disk and no change in behaviour of playback.

On JRVR it looks like I only get framedrops and repeated frames only when I use the mouse and rigth after the panel fades away. I also tried to with and without video clock and hardware accelerating video decode ticked, same result.

when it comes to skin I use one JRiver not third pary and I also dont use plugins or anything else. I use JRiver for local movie files and music files, no auto import.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

In HDR mode the top panel can interfere with playback, because its' not rendered in HDR, I would recommend getting used to not using it if at all possible, and using the keyboard to navigate (arrow keys can navigate the on-screen display menu, space can pause), similar to how you would with a remote control.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

OK. Thank You. But it was not like this before. There where no problems with using the panel. There might be a small stutter when I used it, but then it was so small that I did not react on it. But this is a big stutte hang. But I could use the keyboard of course. Because Movie watching is normal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up