INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume Leveling - JRiver 29 to Sonos  (Read 456 times)

cowilliams

• Recent member
Volume Leveling - JRiver 29 to Sonos
« on: July 17, 2022, 02:52:09 pm »

I’m sure there is a thread here that someone can point me too that shows how to do this.  I’ve read several but not sure the best way to do it.

I’ve done volume analysis already but when pushing this from JRiver to Sonos Connect the volume is all over the map for me.

I’m happy to add more data about app versions and such, but thought I’d make a quick ask before digging all that info up.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Volume Leveling - JRiver 29 to Sonos
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 03:49:24 pm »

cowilliams

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2022, 04:00:40 pm »

Thanks, I followed the steps and then had no sound at all.  I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong.  I did make the changes and shutdown JR and restarted.  But when it came back it just kept skipping the songs so I changed it back.

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 12:16:58 pm »

I have the same wondering about volume leveling and whether it is working through DLNA to Sonos.  I have not had any problem with no sound at all so you may not be doing something right.   I have not fully concluded whether it isn't working or just isn't very effective.  One way I've tested is to radically change the equalization factors (a part of the digital sound control).  That seems to work through SONOS.  I have to do more testing, but one way or the other, it doesn't seem very effective and that may be just the way it is.  I haven't had time to narrow down the issue.
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up